‘A Penny for You Tot’ is an opportunity for children to get in touch with learning more about the history of Penny Toys and process of which they were made. This collaboration opens an opportunity for me to make craft and the stories of Penny Toys appealing for children, hopefully helping them to find a connection with handicraft and how Penny Toys were made and played.
01. Drawing of artwork : Actual size 40 x 40cm, but I always leave a 2-5cm bleed.
02. Guidelines were necessary for me to measure the size and length of ground and standing trees.
- I always draw my illustration in parts, just in case I want to shift them around.
- I had a picture(actually a folder) for colour reference and also to study how the bushes and forest should look like.
03 : After colouring, I lasso-ed out the bushes which I needed to cut to create standees.
05. Final display of Garden Escapade model with Penny toys from Mint Museum -
Details about the exhibition – ‘A Penny For Your Tot’
MessyMsxi’s work may or may not be permanent, but will definitely be on display with featured Penny Toys till 26th June 2011.
Do pop down to have a look if you have time.
More of MessyMsxi’s work at : www.messymsxi.com