This is an animated titling work for Discovery Channel’s TLC program about ” WorldRiderZ ” together with Chris Leow from Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific and a production team from Frameworks.
WorldRiderZ is a production that rides around the world to raise awareness & prevention against children Chronic Kidney Disease and organ transplant. You can read the info here and like the FB page here ( https://www.facebook.com/worldriderz )
The brief required a very child-like look and feel to the character drawings with readable titles.
This is the completed title after final compositing work by the Discovery and Framework team. Click and view on youtube.
1) I started the project by understanding the brief and looking at the footage and understanding what is required.
2) Next I whip out some sketches and propose some design ideas on how simple the characters can be. While doing so- in the back of my mind, I am always thinking about how they can be animated.
3) I started sketching with markers on paper but when I got the gist of how to make it happen- I switch to Photoshop and tune a crayon brush to get the look I want.
4) After the sketches have been approved- I do some test animation and get some feed backs. All the test animations are small b/w files I output as animated gifs.
5) Once approved- I start started to render all the animation. All final files were delivered as layered Photoshop/ PSD format.
I hope to do more animation work in future especially those with my original character designs.